Friday, April 03, 2009

Lent: Do I Still Practice It?

A few years ago I began adhering to the practice of Lent. At the time it made sense. However,
when I quit reading what man has to say and began reading what God reveals in His word, I quit
practicing Lent.

Lent is a great idea and I don't condemn anyone for practicing it, but I can't find it as Biblical. It's
true that preachers who read more of what man says than the Bible says and aren't guided by the
Holy Spirit are practicing Lent in their churches. It's a cool thing to do.

Now that I've awaken from a 5 year stupor of listening to the exegesis of man on what man says, I
no longer believe that practicing Lent is necessary.

I'm going to worship the Lord and read the Bible. I'm not going to read what man says what they
want the Bible to say.

No comments: